The 5×5 program is one of the most popular programs among individuals who are working on increasing muscle mass and have more strength. The 5×5 program consists of three main exercises that focus mainly on the basic muscle groups in the body (both the upper and lower parts of the body within the exercise itself), as every exercise is done for five groups, each of five repetitions, and at the end of each exercise you can add a few groups of different exercises which target a single Joint and limited muscle groups) as desired, but it is not required as a part of the routine.
A suggested routine
You can alternate between the first and second programs three times a week with at least one day as a break between sessions, you should also rest for 60 to 120 seconds for the main exercises and 45 to 60 seconds for any additional exercises.
- Barbell Squat: 5 sets, 5 reps
- Barbell Bench Press, Medium Grip: 5 sets, 5 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Row: 5 sets, 5 reps
- Pull-up: 2 sets, 8 reps
- Side Lateral Raise: 2 groups, 8 reps
- Sit-up exercise: 2 groups, 15 reps
- Front Barbell Squat: 5 sets, 5 reps
- Seated Barbell Military Press: 5 sets, 5 reps
- (Barbell Deadlift: 5 sets, 5 reps
- Barbell Curl: 2 sets, 8 reps
- Seated Triceps Press: 2 sets, 8 reps