The German volume training takes a lot of strength. It’s similar to the 5×5 program because both require many repeats but the GVT differs in the increased number of repetitions within a single set (10 repeats for each set). This program hits two sets of muscles per day and alternates between them, three days per week.
A suggested routine
This program includes three separate days: one for chest and back, one for legs and abdomen, and one for shoulders and arms. It is advised to take a one-day rest between exercises as well as taking advantage of the weekend for full recovery. The resting duration between each set should range from 60 to 90 seconds to keep up the required speed for the training.
- Dumbbell Bench Press: 10 sets, 10 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Row: 10 sets, 10 reps
- Butterfly: 3 sets, 10-15 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets, 10-15 reps
- Barbell Squat: 10 sets, 10 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets, 10-15 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets, 10-15 reps
- Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets, 10-15 reps
- Barbell Shoulder Press: 10 sets, 10 reps
- Dumbbell Biceps Curl: 3 sets, 10-15 reps
- Cable Lying Triceps Extension: 3 sets, 10-15 reps