Chicken with mango salsa and spaghetti squash is a delicious and light lunch. This recipe is full of vitamins and low on fat and calories. It’s also completely gluten-free, low-carbohydrate, low-calorie and low-sodium.
Nutritional values (per serving)
- Calories: 366
- Protein: 27 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Sodium: 461 mg
- Potassium: 761 mg
- Cholesterol: 63 mg
- Calcium: 106 mg
- Iron: 2 mg
- Vitamin A: 1,348 international units
- Vitamin C: 47 mg
- Servings: 4
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- Cooking: 45 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (to taste)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 fresh chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 squash (about 1.3 kg in weight), halved and unseeded
- 227 grams skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
- For the salsa, add the mango, onions, coriander, vinegar, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the squash cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish with 2 tablespoons of water and don’t cover the plate. Set to high for 10-14 minutes.
- Pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet until it’s about 1 1/4 cm thick and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side until well done.
When the squash is ready, use a fork to scrape out the pulp in long streaks to get a spaghetti shape. Put in a medium-sized bowl, add 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss well. Serve with the chicken, almonds and mango salsa.