This meal is a summer-time easy-to-make meal that is light and refreshing. It takes 10 minutes to prepare and another 15 to cook.
The Ingredients listed below equal to four servings.
General information and nutritious value
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 200 g of burghul wheat.
- 150 g of frozen podded edamame (soya) beans.
- Two Romano peppers, sliced into rounds, and with the seeds removed.
- 150 g of finely sliced radishes.
- 75 g of whole blanched almonds.
- A small bunch of finely chopped mint.
- A small bunch of finely chopped parsley.
- Two oranges.
- Three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Preparation and cooking instructions
- Cook the burghul following the pack instructions, then drain and tip into a large serving bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the edamame beans in a small bowl and pour over boiling water then leave for one minute
- Drain, then put in a serving bowl with the peppers, radishes, almonds, mint and parsley.
- Peel one orange and carefully cut away the segments, then add to the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of the other lemon into a jar with the oil, close the jar after seasoning and shake well.
- Pour it over the salad, toss well and serve (you can dress the dish with some mint and parsley).