This delicious skillet garlic and Parmesan chicken thighs recipe is the answer to the quick, healthy, low-calorie and gluten-free dinner you’ve been looking for.
Nutritional values (per serving):
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated fats: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 419 mg
- Fibers: 1 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
- Servings: 8
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Cooking: 25 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 900 g chicken thighs, skin and bone removed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Garlic and Parmesan sauce ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan with an extra tablespoon for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a small bowl, add the garlic powder, ground cumin, salt, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika and ground pepper. Mix well then set aside.
- Dry the chicken thighs and season with the dry mix you just prepared. Rub the thighs well with the seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat and add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Add the chicken thighs and listen to them sizzle.
- Sauté the first side for 5-6 minutes then flip to the other side and lower the heat to medium. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the juices run clear from the thighs.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat to low and add the butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil and minced garlic. Using a spoon or whisk, rub the brown food remains off the skillet and keep stirring until the butter in melted and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the Parmesan, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes, stir until well mixed then put the chicken back in. Cook for 1-2 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Using a spoon, pour some of the delicious sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Decorate with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and chives and serve.