Here’s a delicious new way to make a well-known old burger salad that your kids will love. You can also add cheese for a yummy, low-calorie dinner.
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 12 minutes
- Total time: 22 minutes
- Servings: 6
Nutritional values (per serving):
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated fats: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
- Protein: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fibers: 5 g
- Sodium: 407 mg
- Sugar: 3 g
- To make the burger crumble:
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To make the salad:
- 24 cups romaine lettuce (4 cups per serving)
- 3/4 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- Add the onions and ground beef in a large non-stick pan. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium-to-high heat until brown. Keep stirring, crumbling the beef in the process. When the beef turns brown, drain the over the sink using a colander.
- Add the browned beef back to the pan and add the Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring repeatedly.
Salad (repeat for each serving):
- Decorate the serving plate with about 4 cups lettuce. Add 1/2 cup the warm burger crumble. Sprinkle 1/2 cup drained tomatoes on top and finish with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- You don’t need to make all 6 servings together. You can keep the burger crumble in the fridge and make this incredibly easy to make salad at any time.