This asparagus and chicken dish is an easy-to-make delicious meal, complete with lime, garlic and ginger.
You can use Japanese low-sodium soy sauce which is very similar to traditional Chinese soy sauce but only sweeter. You can also serve this dish with brown rice for a complete meal. This is a completely gluten-free, sugar-free meal.
Nutritional values (per serving)
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fibers: 3 g
- Protein: 41 g
- Sodium: 437 mg
- Cholesterol: 98 mg
- Servings: 4
- 680 g chicken breasts, skin and bone removed, and diced to 2.5 cm-thick cubes
- Table salt
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (or Tamari)
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or grape seed oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh ground pepper for serving
- Lightly salt the chicken. In a small bowl, add the soy sauce and chicken stock, then in another small bowl, add the corn starch and water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. When properly heated, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender-crisp. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute until golden crisp, then set aside.
- Bring the heat to high and add 1 teaspoon oil and half the amount of chicken. Cook well for 4 minutes until brown, then remove from the heat and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Add the soy sauce mix and bring to a boil for 1-1.5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and corn starch mix and stir well. Cook on low heat. You can add the chicken and asparagus back to the pan and stir the ingredients well.