Grilled Portobello mushroom with a special salad and cheese is a very simple recipe for any diet, especially a vegetarian, gluten-free diet.
This portobello recipe in rich is fiber and calcium and it’s low-calorie at the same time.
Nutritious values (per serving)
- Calories: 309
- Protein: 15 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Sodium: 735 mg
- Potassium: 841 mg
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
- Calcium: 214 mg
- Iron: 2 mg
- Vitamin A: 31%
- Vitamin C: 107%
- Servings: 4
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 425g of canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small bell peppers, chopped in four and unseeded
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced diagonally
- 1 cup Fontina cheese
- Pre-heat a grill to medium heat
- Add the lemon juice, dill, garlic, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix. Add mushroom caps to the mix until well dipped, then set aside in a different bowl. Add beans to the mix bowl and mix until well-dipped.
- Put the mushrooms top-side down on the grill next to the peppers, onions and zucchini. Grill the vegetables until they char on either side and soften (about 6 minutes total) and the mushrooms for 8 minutes, turning once top side up, and once again back to top side down. Fill each mushroom with 1/4 cup cheese and leave on the grill another minute until the cheese is melted.
- Chop the peppers, onions and zucchini and add the bean bowl and mix well. Serve each mushroom hot with about a cup of the special salad.